Data Stories on the CT Open Data Portal
Data stories are pages on the CT Open Data Portal that highlight insights from open data through data, visualizations, and narrative. Browse the data stories published on the Open data Portal by category below.
Featured Data Story
The Childhood Lead Poisoning Surveillance Report provides a summary of key findings from the CT DPH Lead Poisoning Program for children under 6 years of age who had a confirmed blood test in 2020.
As of January 1, 2009, Connecticut law mandates that medical providers must conduct annual lead screening (i.e., blood lead testing) for each child 9 to 35 months of age. Furthermore, the law requires that any child between 36-72 months of age who has not been previously tested must also be tested by the child’s medical provider, regardless of risk (CT General Statue 19a-111g). The general recommendation is for the 1st and 2nd screens to occur at the 1 and 2 year 'well baby' visits.
Learn more by visiting the Childhood Lead Poisoning Surveillance Report data story.
Data Stories by Topic
- COVID-19 Data Resources - A repository for COVID-19 data resources from Connecticut state agencies
- COVID-19 Daily Report - The regular report on COVID-19 from the CT Department of Public Health, updated every weekday at 3pm
- COVID-19 in PK-12 Public and Private Schools - Data on cases of COVID-19 in Connecticut schools provided by the CT Department of Public Health
- COVID-19 in Nursing Homes - Data on COVID-19 in nursing homes in Connecticut
- Connecticut Child Care COVID-19 Surveillance - Data on COVID-19 cases among child care attendees and staff
- COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution - Data on COVID-19 vaccine distribution provided by the CT Department of Public Health
Health and Human Services
- Annual Nursing Facility Census - Annual report on the census of Connecticut nursing facilities conducted by the CT Office of Policy and Management Health and Human Services Division
- Childhood Lead Poisoning Surveillance Report - A summary of key findings from the CT DPH Lead Poisoning Program
- School Immunization Survey Data - Data on school immunization in Connecticut
- Connecticut Economic Recovery Dashboard - A dashboard highlighting data on the economic recovery from COVID-19 in Connecticut
- Qualified Census Tracts by Town - Information about the Qualified Census Tracts (QTCs) in Connecticut, which are identified for the implementation of the federal Low-Income Housing Credit Program and administration of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
- 2020 U.S. Census Block Adjustments - Data resources on the 2020 U.S. census block population adjustments for the purposes of determining legislative districts
- Disproportionately Impacted Areas, Identified for Public Act 21-1 - Data resources on census tracts in Connecticut identified as "Disproportionately Impacted Areas" pursuant to P.A. 21-1, An Act Concerning Responsible and Equitable Regulation of Adult-Use Cannabis
- CT School Learning Model Indicators - A page providing information on the public health metrics used to determine the learning model for Connecticut schools during the 2020-2021 school year